Credits:

DesignedbyLara.com

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We Need "Squishes"!!!!!

Dear Friends & Family,
I have recently been introduced to the Bai Jia Bei, or "100 Good Wishes" quilt. Brian & I have decided to pursue this project while we wait for our "Little Ladybug", Maddie. I found the idea from the blogs and sites of other couples who are adopting -or- have adopted from China.

You can read about the tradition of the Bai Jia Bei at the left of our blog. We really appreciate everyone taking the time to show Maddie how much she is loved, even before she is home with her "Forever Family". We know that this will be a special keepsake for her. Also, The miracle of our adoption of Maddie has been and will be helped by so many. This will be very meaningful for Brian and I, as well.

If you would like to be a part of our Bai Jia Bei and send us a "Squish", please email me at christy_steele@roadrunner.com and I will send you all the information you need to help.

As the Squish's arrive, I will post pics here throughout the whole process of making the quilt. In advance, thank-you for your help with this very special project!!

Christy

3 comments:

Casey and Carra said...

Christy,

I love the look of this blog. The quilt is such a cute idea. Let me know what I need to do. My head is already spinning with ideas. Talk to you soon Carra

Casey and Carra said...

Sorry I am a slacker!!! It took me forever to find the material I wanted. I will probably get it done this week and might drop it off Sat. If that is okay, I would love to Maddie room. I get off at 12:30 so it would probably be about 1:30. Let me know if this will be okay...

Andy Morris said...

Christy,
Thanks for finding us & then posting. I'm glad I went over there tonight. I haven't been doing much with that part of the website yet. Anyhoo...I would love to swap wishes. Also, I love your last post - I will have to "borrow" it too.
I'll try to send you an email with our info. Let me know if you get it.
And congrats on making 17 months!!! Are you sticking with the NSN program or will you be moving up with the SN referrals? We are on our agencies list for SN, but we could very easily wait it out. It's all in God's hands.
Looking forward to getting to know you. -Charity